Ring! Ring! Ring! The Marcophone has rung, and has been answered!
I will be the first to say, I told you so.
It was only a matter of time before Senator Marco Rubio pulled away from his disastrous comprehensive ‘Gang of Eight’ immigration reform bill. Well, he still says he supports the bill, but like I said earlier this year, he would be slowly away from his full-throated support of comprehensive immigration reform.
During an interview on CNN, Rubio said he doesn’t believe a comprehensive bill is the best way to address immigration reform. Adding that the Congress would be better suited if the House of Representatives followed his “original position” of a piecemeal approach at tackling immigration reform.
“That was my original position, and continues to be my preferred option,” Rubio said on New Day on Friday morning. “I continue to believe that a series of sequential, individual bills is the best way, the ideal way to reform our immigration system.“
Though he said large-scale bills “end up running into headwinds,” Rubio explained that he joined the “Gang of Eight” in order to try and influence the Senate process, although it was approaching immigration reform comprehensively.-Politico
Rubio went into damage control shortly after he dropped his immigration bill, realizing that his monstrous immigration bill was doomed before it passed the Senate, potentially causing him irreparable damage to his image and conservative bona fides.
It goes without saying that Senor Rubio will continue his immigration reform damage control, and this little flip-flop on the issue, as well as his hard line position against Obamacare and Common Core, could help in salvaging credibility lost .
“Like and share” the story. Tell us what you think, leave a comment below.