By JAVIER MANJARRESWho will be the GOP’s choice to to challenge Congressman Patrick Murphy in Florida’s 18th congressional district in 2014?
Sorry kids, but Allen West has already said that he will not challenge Congressman Patrick Murphy and Florida State Senator Joe Negron, whom many think is a natural fit for the job has also said he would not seek the Republican nomination in that congressional district.
According to the Palm Beach Post, former Republican Senatorial candidate Alan Schlesinger, who ran and lost against Independent Joe Lieberman in the 2006 Connecticut Senatorial election is thinking about running for the seat. (Palm Beach Post)
So who will step up and run against Murphy, whose congressional seat is viewed by many as a a prime opportunity for a GOP pickup?
Here are a few names who may be considering challenging Murphy-
- Florida State Representative Debbie Mayfield who represents part northern section of Murphy’s district.
- Florida State Representative Gayle Harrell of Palm Beach County, who the Palm Beach Post says is on the fence about running for Congress.
- Florida Senator Lizbeth Benacquisto, who has already won in Palm Beach county prior to redistricting in 2012. Benacquisto would have a built in base of support in the district and is said to be considering her options.
- NewsMax’s Chris Ruddy, who once considered a U.S. Senate run could easily raise the funds needed to make a run for Congress, but would he consider it?
- And it’s possible that Florida Senator Joe ‘Never-say-Never’ Negron could have a change of heart and run.
Tell us what you think, leave us a comment below.