by Javier ManjarresA couple of days ago, I met up with Attorney General-elect Pam Bondi in Tallahassee to discuss her transition into the position and talk about how life would be changing for her.
Bondi was elated that she was able to find a place to live that allowed for pets of all sizes to reside in. As you all know, she has this ‘little’ 165 lb St. Bernard that considers her “mom”. Bondi also expressed her excitement for getting past the transition period and to settling into and start the job she was elected for. One position that may not have been filled yet is the position of ‘ alternate dog walker’.
Team Bondi put out this press release announcing their Transition Team.
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. — Attorney General-Elect Pam Bondi today announced her Transition Team and the Executive Director of her transition. The Transition Team will focus on reviewing the Office of the Attorney General and gathering information relevant to Bondi’s top priorities as Attorney General: protecting Florida’s children, families, taxpayers and consumers; continuing the fight against the federal healthcare law; and revitalizing Florida’s economy and creating jobs in our state. The Bondi transition website can be accessed through the Attorney General’s homepage, www.myfloridalegal.com<http://www.myfloridalegal.com>.Former St. Petersburg Mayor Rick Baker; former House Speaker Larry Cretul; and Attorney General Bill McCollum will jointly chair the Transition Team. Carlos Muñiz, a shareholder at GrayRobinson P.A. and a former Deputy General Counsel to Gov. Jeb Bush, will serve as Executive Director.
* Rick Baker, Director, USF Innovation Partnerships; former Mayor of St. Petersburg
* Larry Cretul, former Speaker of the Florida House of Representatives
* Bill McCollum, Attorney General
Public Safety Workgroups
Gang Reduction* Jim Coats, Sheriff, Pinellas County
* Bennie Holder, former Tampa Police Chief
* David Morgan, Sheriff, Escambia County
Pill Mills and Prescription Drug Abuse
* Dave Aronberg, former State Senator
* Gonzalo Dorta, Founder, Gonzalo R. Dorta P.A.; member of 11th Circuit and Federal Judicial Nominating Commissions
* Al Lamberti, Sheriff, Broward County
Criminal Appeals and Statewide Prosecutor
* Angela Corey, State Attorney, Fourth Judicial Circuit
* Bernie McCabe, State Attorney, Sixth Judicial Circuit
* Willie Meggs, State Attorney, Second Judicial Circuit
* Mark Ober, State Attorney, Thirteenth Judicial Circuit
Jobs and Business/Regulatory Climate
* Bob McClure, President and CEO, James Madison Institute
* Wilton Simpson, President, Simpson Environmental, Inc.; former chairman, Pasco Economic Development Council
* Ron Hanes, Partner, Trombley & Hanes; former Assistant State Attorney
* Jon Sale, Counsel, EpsteinBeckerGreen; former Chief Assistant U.S. Attorney, Southern District of Florida
* Robert Shimberg, Shareholder, Hill Ward Henderson; former Assistant State Attorney
* Alex Acosta, Dean, FIU College of Law; former U.S. Attorney, Southern District of Florida
* Dr. Fred Bearison, Member, Florida Board of Medicine
* Holly Benson, former Secretary, Agency for Health Care Administration; former State Representative
Public Outreach Workgroup
* Arlene DiBenigno, Senior Advisor, Rick Scott for Governor campaign
* Kim Kirtley, Owner, Policy Points Communications; Policy and Communications Director, Pam Bondi for Attorney General campaign
* Albert Martinez, Senior Advisor, Marco Rubio for Senate campaign
Executive Director* Carlos Muñiz, Shareholder, GrayRobinson P.A.; former Deputy General Counsel, Gov. Jeb Bush; former General Counsel, CFO Tom Gallagher; former Deputy Chief of Staff and Counsel, Speakers Marco Rubio, Ray Sansom, and Larry Cretul.
* Additionally, former Solicitor General Gregory Garre has agreed to serve as a Special Advisor to Attorney General-Elect Bondi during the transition.
All Transition Team members have been asked to agree to an ethics pledge that includes a one-year prohibition on lobbying the Office of the Attorney General. Transition Team members also will be advised that their work product is subject to the state’s public records laws.
Bondi will be in Tallahassee this week holding transition meetings with current Attorney General’s office staff.