Republican Senators Rand Paul and Marco Rubio are usually in agreement on most issues, but when it comes to the U.S. spending taxpayer dollars on foreign aide, the Libertarian-leaning Paul does not see eye-to-eye with his Conservative colleagues in the U.S. Senate.
With President Trump ready to sign an arms deal with the Sharia nation of Saudi Arabia, Paul has filed a resolution to prevent the arms sale from going through.
Paul’s bill could get enough bipartisan support to end the deal.
Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D) says the he will vote against the arms sale with the Saudis, paving the way for more Democrats to do the same.
Senator Rubio supports the arms deal, even if its with a nation that sees woman as second-class citizens who must conform to oppressive Sharia Law.
“It’s a tough issue,” Rubio said. “I think the other side makes very compelling arguments as well.”-Washington Post
Rubio has been one of the loudest voices of support for Human Rights, denouncing those violations in Cuba, Venezuela, and other nations that commit atrocities to humanity.
Here are some of the tenets of Sharia Law. Read and cringe. (Source)
• Theft is punishable by amputation of the right hand (evidence: graphic).
• Criticizing or denying Allah is punishable by death.
• Criticizing or denying any part of the Quran is punishable by death.
• Criticizing Muhammad or denying that he is a prophet is punishable by death.
• A non-Muslim who leads a Muslim away from Islam is punishable by death.
• A Muslim who becomes a non-Muslim is punishable by death (Compulsion in religion).
• A non-Muslim man who marries a Muslim woman is punishable by death.
• Muslim men have sexual rights to all non-Muslim females in invaded foreign lands.
• A female rape victim cannot testify in court against her rapist(s).
• Testimonies of 4 male witnesses are required to prove the rape of a female.
• A female who alleges rape but cannot produce 4 male witnesses is guilty of adultery.
• A female found guilty of adultery is punishable by death (see Errors in Quran).
• A man convicted of rape can have his conviction dismissed by marrying his rape victim.
• A man can marry an infant girl and consummate the marriage when she is 9 years old.
• Girls’ clitoris should be cut (Muhammad’s words, Book 41, Kitab Al-Adab, Hadith 5251).
• A wife can have 1 husband, who can have up to 4 wives; Muhammad can have more.
• A man can beat his wife for insubordination (see Religion of Peace).
• A man can unilaterally divorce his wife; a wife needs her husband’s consent to divorce.
• A divorced wife loses custody of all children over 6 years of age or when they exceed it.
• A female’s testimony in court, allowed in property cases, carries ½ the weight of a man’s.
• A female heir inherits half of what a male heir inherits (see Mathematics in Quran).
• A woman cannot drive a car, as it leads to fitnah (upheaval).
• A woman cannot speak alone to a man who is not her husband or relative.
• Muslims should engage in Taqiyya and lie to non-Muslims to advance Islam.
• Meat must come from animals that have been sacrificed to Allah – i.e., be “Halal.”