Republican congressional candidate and former Duval County Sheriff John Rutherford, is by no means pushing for the implementation of Sharia Law, nor is he waiving the terrorist Hamas flag while he campaigns throughout Florida’s 4th congressional district.But with that said, Rutherford’s past ties to some shady Islamic groups and individuals who support and adhere to Sharia Law could hinder his chances of winning his congressional primary race.
Florida does not allow for foreign laws to be applied in the state. Gov. Rick Scott signed a legislation back in 2014 that restricted courts and arbitration tribunals from doing so.
One of those individuals who is supporting Rutherford, and who has even donated $250 to his congressional campaign, is non other than Parvez Ahmed, the former head of Florida’s Center for American Islamic Relations (CAIR).
CAIR is part of the global terrorist organization Muslim Brotherhood, and has been classified by the federal government as an unindicted co-conspirator in the Texas-based Holy Land Foundation terrorism trial.
The leadership of the Holy Land Foundation was found guilty of financing terrorism, namely to Hamas.Even Islamic countries like Saudi Arabia and the UAE have labeled CAIR as a terrorist group:
“The United Arab Emirates’ ministerial cabinet had listed the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) as one of 83 proscribed terrorist organizations, up there with the Taliban, al-Qaeda, and ISIS.”-National Review
To be fair, not everyone associated with CAIR is a suspected Islamic radical or operative. Like with any group or organization, there are a few bad apples thrown into the mix of things.
Ahmed and CAIR say they denounce violence, but it appears as if Ahmed has never denounced the terror group Hamas, who has the blood of many Americans on its hands.
Why is that?Dr. Rich Swier wrote a scathing post with concerns about Rutherford’s potential ties to radical Islam.
Here are some bullet points Swier noted in his story:
- Penetration of the Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office (JSO) by Muslim Brotherhood operatives as it relates to officer training programs.
- Blatant disregard and willful blindness to credible information exposing the subversive nature of organizations and individuals currently embraced by former Sheriff Rutherford dating back to at least 2009.
- Shortly after returning from the ATCC guided trip to Turkey, Sheriff Rutherford, in an official capacity, sent correspondence commending Gulenist Operatives Akif Aydin (Dir. ATCC & River City Science Academy – a Gulen Charter School) and Alex Silva for being “Great Ambassador’s of the Turkish people who helped us [Mr. & Mrs. Rutherford] Grow in Knowledge and Appreciation for Islam”.
- Sheriff Rutherford disregarded credible information in regard to the subversive nature of the ATCC and a few months after returning from Turkey, extended the credibility of the Sheriff’s office by becoming a member of the Board of Advisors. He remained on this Board for approximately (4) years.
- Despite being informed as early as 2009 and again in 2011, by ACT! for America’s Jacksonville Chapter of ongoing FBI investigations into the Gulen Charter School Network [for H1B Visa and other violations of law], Sheriff Rutherford chose to remain a member of the ATCC Advisory Board, which has subsequently been designated a terrorist organization by our NATO Ally, Turkey.
- According to sources inside and outside JSO, the department allegedly adopted an unofficial policy of hostility at the direction of Sheriff Rutherford, towards the Jacksonville chapter of ACT! for America, the leading watchdog group working to expose pro-Sharia entities.
- Sheriff Rutherford also received endorsements during his re-election bidfrom known Muslim Brother members and CAIR/HAMAS spin-off organizations. One such groups website states only candidates who have “built a significantrelationship with our [Muslim] Community” are endorsed.
- As recently as February 2016, former Sheriff Rutherford was personally thanked by the Atlantic Institute for hiswork to facilitate “outreach” targeted at his Protégé Sheriff Mike Williams. The Atlantic Institute is another pro-Sharia, pro-Jihadist Gulen entity which shares office space with the Istanbul Center, formerly the ATCC.
Again, John Rutherford is not waiving the Hamas, ISIS, or Muslim Brotherhood flags, but unlike his campaign supporter Parvez Ahmed, Rutherford should denounce Sharia Law, any and all terrorist groups, and those associated in anyway with radical Islam.
Like Donald Trump, Marco Rubio, and Ted Cruz, JohnRutherford needs top come out and call the growing threat to America by its name. Radical Islamic terrorism.